A simple Wisconsinite's thoughts.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why Don't I Celebrate Easter?

If you wanted to forgive someone and had the power to do it, how would you do it? Think about that for a moment before you continue.



Here are two choices for you. Which of them is most similar to your forgiveness act?
A) Simply forgive them genuinely face-to-face
B) Forgive them, but in addition require a bloody human sacrifice to sanctify it.

That last part (B) seems kind of disgusting doesn't it? If you celebrate Easter in church, that is exactly what you are worshiping.

I don't celebrate human sacrifices as penance as a prerequisite for forgiveness. It is immoral. I cannot accept this even if it were 100% true and I won't worship it. There have been many trials on me to rationalize this act of sacrifice and none of them are enough to make human sacrifice acceptable to me. Human sacrifice, planned, is always immoral.

No comments:

Post a Comment